Wednesday 26 November 2008

Winter Sunshine


There is something refreshing but blinding about the winter sunshine. Light is indeed precious and in short supply during the long dark days and nights of November/December. During these dark months I am attracted by bright things like Christmas wrapping paper or the cover of a music CD.

Open the window because the heat in the living room lurks in stale air and let the freezing cold penetrate the warmth. Storage heaters give out a dry heat anyway and morning is a time to brush away cobwebs and breathe fresh air.

In reality life is a plague of contrasts eg: hot /cold or light/darkness etc..but I can cope with that until opposites collide. Consistency is what I like best but you cannot always get it. The unexpected opposites clash with the safe world and create some unexpected and painful sparks.

My safe world is what I seek when I go looking during short or longer walks. When I go out I can observe the world and come back home to asses the level playing field. Back at home when it gets dark again I can light a candel and create a flame of motion. But now I crave fresh air and window of opportunity. A new day should bring new prospects but does not always. Our world is an object but also tied up in our subjective thought. In other words our world is often what we make it. Safe or otherwise. However I still like the winter sunshine but not it's blinding effects.
Larry

No comments: